rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone on here had spinal fusion?

Has anyone on here had spinal fusion?

I might have to go through with a spinal fusion, and I'm wondering if any of the peeps on here have had one?

If anyone on here has, I've written down a couple of questions:

Do you know which levels / vertebrae you had fused?

How's lifting after surgery? Are you able to do all exercises including the likes of squats and deadlifts?

How long was the recovery time?

How big is the mobility restriction? Do you actually feel limited or is it unnoticable?

What are you not able to do?

and last but not least, do you regret it?

I'm really fucking worried that I'm going to end up being a couch potato if I go through with surgery. I really don't want to feel restricted and I don't want to look all stiff and awkward.

I've already spoken with my doctor he told me I'll be able to do everything I could do before surgery but I want to hear how it is from a patients perspective. I also heard stories of people having their doctors tell them they could do everything they could do before surgery but ended up being restricted as hell.

I've read forums regarding this specifically but since scoliosis is more common amongst women I've only found single moms talking about the surgery and telling me they are able to lift their children, but that's not really the answer I'm looking for since I won't be lifting children but weights which is quite a difference.

Honestly my main worries are looking awkward and stiff and feeling restricted.

Anyone out there? :/

Messages In This Thread