rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to maintain a positive vibe and mindset?

How to maintain a positive vibe and mindset?

Quote: (01-07-2016 02:52 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

1. Be very careful about drug use, especially alcohol. Altering your mood artificially can have a bunch of unpleasant consequences. If you take any drug on a regular basis, it's a good idea to take a week or two off every now and again to make sure you aren't sliding down a dark road to addiction.Even if you aren't an addict, it can still be a net negative in terms of how it affects your life.

2. Don't try and solve or really even think about the world's problems, focus on your own life and self improvement.

3. Don't spend too much time on the internet or staring at a screen consuming electronic entertainment. Time in nature, reading physical books, and talking to new people face to face just for the heck of it is good for you. Conversation can be surprisingly entertaining when you have no hidden agenda and are not seeking pussy or a business favor.

4. Wherever you are, in any particular moment, is where life is. Be mindful and appreciative of your surroundings. Instead of telling yourself, I will be happy at some point in the future when I am in this certain place, or when I bounce some girl on my dick, or when I have this amount of money, etc etc, just turn that voice off. Get in the habit of experiencing what is here and now, instead of constantly having your mind consumed by fear, worry, and escapism.

5. Ignore politics.

All these points are really good but the bolded is by far the most important thing. Quite frankly, why give a fuck about worrying about what's to come in the future. While you should definitely plan and anticipate your future needs (YOLO is no way to live), once that's done enjoy the moment you're in. If you're in a moment which is sucking ass at the moment, get through it and live to fight another day. I structure my life such that most of what I'm doing to live today will help me to live well tomorrow. That keeps the anxiety and worry down and makes me content. If your fucking around, doing stupid wasteful stuff most of your days, you need to change what your doing. People who are doing that stupid, unproductive shit have the most anxiety because they know deep down, they're not doing what they need to be doing. That's why things like the internet, tv, watching sports, drinking etc produce such anxiety since they're massive time sinks for most people instead of the pleasant diversions that they should be.

The other big thing is to have good people around you who wont fuck your shit up and want the same things from life that you want. Anyone who isn't adding to your life needs to be subtracted and you need to keep searching for good people. They're out there but you have to be willing to get out there and find them. That's not a waste of time. Agreed, great topic.

Messages In This Thread