rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guys who can't cook

Guys who can't cook

Cooking is an important and essential skill, especially if you want to take care of yourself. I'll second the notion that "cooking is to important to be left to a woman". If you've ever lived alone, well.... you gotta eat something right, might as well make it taste good and be cheap+nutritious. If you're working out and watching your calories, it's also a good way to ensure you eat the proper amount.

While I like the process of cooking a meal itself, I hate the TIME it takes to actually clean, cut up and cook something (and the cleanup). Some people really enjoy the whole process, I and most other people just enjoy the result of it. So that's why I usually I cook in bulk, especially using a slowcooker where it's a fling stuff in and forget kind of affair that will usually leave me meals for 4 days. Then I pre-chop and pack up in containers some veggies that can be prechopped like zucchinis, celery etc. so I can create fresh and varied salads in less than a minute to go with the main meal.

When I first started out, I actually deal have to cook a fresh meal almost daily, sometimes every second day. It drove me crazy, cause it's a HUGE time sink. People only stick with something that is easy and comfortable to do. So bulk cooking is the way to go if you cook for yourself: you only have that big time sink ONCE in 4-5 days. That's acceptable to me.

Messages In This Thread