rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guys who can't cook

Guys who can't cook

Quote: (01-02-2016 04:42 PM)BadgerHut Wrote:  

I know a few adult guys who can't cook shit. Eat out every time they aren't eating at someone's else house.

RVFers who can't cook - why? Can't get the cash together to buy the equipment? Haven't had someone to teach you? Haven't made the time? Cooking is such a tool in the game I'm curious why guys around here might not have taught themselves.

I can understand younger guys (or those who have never cooked before) being a bit put off by the time and money it takes to go from learning to boil water, to flipping perfect omelets and finishing off a ribeye in a nice cast iron skillet.

But even for folks with zero experience or money, there's no excuse for eating out all the time, particularly fast food junk. It's easier than ever to eat perfectly healthy food that requires little-to-no-cooking AND is easy on your wallet. I'm a half-decent cook myself, but most of the time I go with zero-prep eating just to save time and avoid washing dishes:

-sardines in olive oil, right out of the can

-Canned tuna or salmon (I like to drain the tuna and then top it with some full-fat sour cream)

-Greek yogurt with nuts and/or berries, maybe drizzled in honey with a sprinkle of cinnamon

-Microwaveable chicken sausages, or maybe I'll pick apart a store-bought rotisserie chicken

-Sausage and cheese

-Caprese salad (tomato/basil/mozzarella, maybe some balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper)

-Fresh fruit or berries (frozen berries are a fantastic alternative to ice cream/popsicles)

-Carrot/celery sticks with nut butter

-Beef jerky

-Juiced vegetables (some time/cleanup required, but no real skill involved)

I'll show off my culinary skills for a zero-date bang or when my LTR is staying the night, but most of the time my focus is on cheap, paleo-approved food that won't require much time to make or clean up. And with all the money I save on (almost) never eating out, I can afford to splurge on nicer brands and ingredients for the food I do eat.

Messages In This Thread