rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Class Actions

Class Actions

I got an email about a Groupon class action a few months ago.

tldr: If you bought Groupons between 11/2008 and 12/2011 that went unused/expired you could get 130% of their value in Groupon Credit.

Quote:Quote:

Notice of Class Action Settlement Regarding Groupon Vouchers

To file a claim go to: https://grouponvouchersettlement.com/

An Important Notice About a Class Action Settlement Involving Groupon Vouchers

IF YOU PURCHASED A GROUPON VOUCHER BETWEEN NOVEMBER 1, 2008 AND DECEMBER 1, 2011, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS FROM THE SETTLEMENT

A proposed settlement has been reached in class action litigation concerning Groupon vouchers, In re Groupon, Inc. Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, No. 3:11-md-02238-DMS-RBB, and the related state court action, Dremak v. Groupon, Inc., No. 11-CH-0876 (Ill. Cir. Ct., Kane County). You may be a member of the class whose rights may be affected by this lawsuit. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the lawsuit and the settlement so that you may decide what steps to take in relation to it.

If the Settlement Agreement is approved, Settlement Class Members as defined in the Settlement Agreement who complete and return a Claim Form (and those who submitted claims under the 2012 Proposed Settlement Agreement) may be eligible to receive “Groupon Credits” equal to 130% of the value of the purchase price of unredeemed, unrefunded Groupon Vouchers that are past their stated expiration date, and that were purchased between November 1, 2008 and December 1, 2011. Each Groupon Credit is the equivalent to $1.00 in buying power for Groupon offerings on groupon.com, subject to certain limitations described below. The amount of Groupon Credits given to Settlement Class Members may be increased or decreased pro rata depending on the number and value of valid Claims submitted. Groupon Credits to be paid on valid Claims will be automatically deposited in Class Members’ Groupon accounts following the Effective Date of settlement. If you no longer have an active Groupon account, you may contact Groupon at 1-888-664-4482 or [email protected] to reopen an account for the purpose of receiving Groupon Credits under the Settlement Agreement.

Groupon Credits may be redeemed within nine months of issuance to purchase any Groupon Voucher or Groupon Goods on the Groupon website, excluding purchases of the following types of Groupon offerings: (1) Groupon Getaways Market Rate Hotel Reservations; (2) Merchant Products offered as Groupon Goods; (3) Groupon-to-Go; (4) Groupon Link-out offers; and (5) Groupon Gift Cards.

The last day to submit a completed Claim Form to receive Groupon Credits is January 9, 2016.

Cons:
-You have to provide details about the expired Groupons, you can't make them up
-You don't get a cash settlement, you are paid in Groupon Credit
-It is Groupon

After searching through my gmail it doesn't look like I purchased any Groupons during that time frame so this is a no-go for me. Figured I'd share it in this thread anyway in case it benefits someone else.

Messages In This Thread