rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pectus Excavatum (aka sunken chest)

Pectus Excavatum (aka sunken chest)

Yes I have this never seen a doctor for it but the doctors as a kid says it's not anything unusual. I know what your talking about when you say insecure about body and especially me being skinny and bad posture it makes your chest look like a hole. At one point I was so skinny that you could see my heart beating through my chest!!! As soon I can go off on my own and get my hands on some weights I started to do something about it to improve my overall physique. Starting lifting weights at 16 at which point I was 5'11" 120 lb (55kg) and 19% body fat I lifted and joined school wrestling team and gained up to 175 lb 10% bf in my senior year then in college I started hitting it hard and got up to 195 lb. cannt say I'm so consistent now due to job but I do still lift at least twice a week and adding muscle to my body defiantly helps out with how my chest looks and now it's barely noticible. My advice to anyone with this condition is to do heavy bench press preferably decline since it works flared ribs as well. Dumbbell pullovers, dumbbell benchpress, also work on your back which will help your posture, deadlifts, pull-ups, rows. Core exercises will help pull in the ribs and push out the center of the dent.

I would never consider surgery since its cosmetic to me but I would like to get an Mri of my chest just to give me a piece of mind. Can you PM me the doctor?

Messages In This Thread