rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stupid things people do to fuck up their businesses

Stupid things people do to fuck up their businesses

Inspired by this thread: thread-3869.html

I wanted to poll people for ways you've seen (or heard of) small business owners screwing up their business with clearly-bad decisions or easily-avoidable mistakes.

I can think of a couple cherries to pick:

-Hiring unqualified people for specific-skill functional work. For example, hiring general office lackeys or hot chicks off the street to keep the books, or promoting a secretary with no accounting/reporting experience to the the job.

-Allowing one's personal life to mix with office work - bringing in personal associates to work there who aren't the right fit, allowing nepotism or personal politics to influence company decisions in a negative way, banging people at the office (something the big boss should never do), or probably worst of all dumping your current spouse/gf to date someone at the office.

I'm sure people have other lessons in managing growth, recruiting/hiring, finance, and market selection. Would love to hear some stories.

Messages In This Thread