rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I move abroad / advice for a young guy

Should I move abroad / advice for a young guy

Hello,
I'm a long time lurker, making my first post. Roosh (and the manosphere generally) have been a major influence in my life, and I'm glad to able to discover everything at a young age!

I'm a 22 old italian-brazilian guy living in São Paulo capital (I have EU citizenship, though I never left Brazil in my life)... I feel unhappy here, but I'm not sure if things are better in EU (or somewhere else you guys recommend me). I'll list some facts:

1 - I have an associate degree in computer programming here in Brazil. I started with BS in computer science, but education here is a godawful dogshit and I spent my classes facepalming at horrible teachers trying to teach stuff such as VisualBasic and Excel formulas, so I just quit and went for a shorter course to start working as soon as possible. I'm not sure if that's even worth anything
2 - I can speak english (no shit), fluent portuguese and so-so spanish. My italian is awful since I hardly use it here.
3 - I have solid programming skills, mainly in web development , though I dabble with crazy shit such as compilers and reverse-engineering (self-taught, been coding since I was 13). I work 9-5 as a software engineer here. I'm paid very well (for Brazilian standards), tho work is really shitty and I'm absurdly underutilized at work. I do basic maintenance on jurassic systems and code simple cookiecutter webpages, but since education here is horrid, if you can do a few lines of code and know basic english, you get a full-time job as a Software engineer. I have been on the hunt though most of the jobs around are similar/same pay, or are from clueless companies that asks for a insane skillset but offers 500 dollars monthly and wonders why they can't find good employees.
4 - I have around 25k USD invested here. Not sure if enough for a new life. I get to live reasonably well here and invest around 750 USD per month. Was a lot more, but economy is tanking here and my money is getting corroded by inflation and devaluation of the Real [Image: undecided.gif]

Given that, I dislike living here and don't see much future for me. The country is tanking, and I just don't fit in this carefree carpediem culture overall. It's a good place to have sex overall, not to get rich though.

So what do would you guys do in my situation? Move? How hard would be to find a job coming from my situation? Or should I try to find some remote work or start a location independant business and stay here with the low living costs?? [Image: huh.gif]
I'm really hopeless here, thanks in advance for the help

Messages In This Thread