rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finding the right partner for your business

Finding the right partner for your business

Quote: (12-30-2015 02:47 PM)joecolombia Wrote:  

Quote: (12-28-2015 01:14 AM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

The right partner is like finding a girl worth spending time with; it's hard to find. I would advise against founding a business with friends, make friends through business, founding a business based on friendship unless you are both on the exact same page and willing to go all in is useless, and I've been burned by it. I disagree with some of the guys saying "if you can't pay the partner right now, you shouldn't be in business", thats a scarcity mindset and will get you nowhere. You will have to give up equity in the company, and they will get rich or they will go down with you; that's why it's hard to find a partner that will stick through the shittiness of starting a business.

You do not need more consideration, you need to act. An idea is worth $0, and a really good idea is maybe worth $10. Execution is everything. I didn't have the slightest clue how to start my businesses, I learned on the go. I jumped in and learned web design, I learned the financial aspects, I learned about taxation, I learned about every goddamn in-and-out on the fly. Nobody will steal your idea, because they don't know how to execute, and 95% of people will not execute because they are losers; talk about your business all you want it will 1. create awareness but it will also 2. cause you to talk instead of walk, which is counter-productive and should be avoided.

Investment wise, it's cheap to get into web design and getting a website online probably all in costs about $200. When it comes to complexity of building the site, then you may need to invest further, but in the early stages, there's a ton that you can do yourself, and I have learned a ton about coding and the applicable skills just with YouTube videos and forums. Investment early on is cheap, and includes advertising on google; I wouldn't go much further than that, and if nobody clicks on your ads, you don't pay a dime; it's win-win, you either know your idea will work with a few hundred dollars investment, or know you need to go back to the drawing board for less than $20 if your campaign flops.

The business partner is not all about the earnings and/or losses, but of the simbiotic relationship that you create with them, and catalyzes the growth of your company. I`ve got no idea in web design skills, however I am bilingual and have great executive skills. The most certain to be my partner is a really good web designer and photographer.

Not only the help will come in terms of cash but of time and ideas. two heads thinks better than one.

At least that is my opinion and you`re right, as of jan 1st i will begin the business idea that currently is worth 0$ [Image: banana.gif]

Go to a 24 hour coffee shop near a college at night. Find yourself a young autistic programmer. Befriend him and make him feel important. Then pitch your idea(s). He won't have the social skills to see it through on his own and you don't have the technical skills to make this happen without him. It's win win for you both.

Messages In This Thread