rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finding the right partner for your business

Finding the right partner for your business

The right partner is like finding a girl worth spending time with; it's hard to find. I would advise against founding a business with friends, make friends through business, founding a business based on friendship unless you are both on the exact same page and willing to go all in is useless, and I've been burned by it. I disagree with some of the guys saying "if you can't pay the partner right now, you shouldn't be in business", thats a scarcity mindset and will get you nowhere. You will have to give up equity in the company, and they will get rich or they will go down with you; that's why it's hard to find a partner that will stick through the shittiness of starting a business.

You do not need more consideration, you need to act. An idea is worth $0, and a really good idea is maybe worth $10. Execution is everything. I didn't have the slightest clue how to start my businesses, I learned on the go. I jumped in and learned web design, I learned the financial aspects, I learned about taxation, I learned about every goddamn in-and-out on the fly. Nobody will steal your idea, because they don't know how to execute, and 95% of people will not execute because they are losers; talk about your business all you want it will 1. create awareness but it will also 2. cause you to talk instead of walk, which is counter-productive and should be avoided.

Investment wise, it's cheap to get into web design and getting a website online probably all in costs about $200. When it comes to complexity of building the site, then you may need to invest further, but in the early stages, there's a ton that you can do yourself, and I have learned a ton about coding and the applicable skills just with YouTube videos and forums. Investment early on is cheap, and includes advertising on google; I wouldn't go much further than that, and if nobody clicks on your ads, you don't pay a dime; it's win-win, you either know your idea will work with a few hundred dollars investment, or know you need to go back to the drawing board for less than $20 if your campaign flops.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Messages In This Thread