rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting out of a rut

Getting out of a rut

Hi all,

I would appreciate your thoughts on my situation. I am 24, and have degrees in law and economics, fluent in Spanish and have been a corporate lawyer for a year now. I did an exchange in Spain last year and had the time of my life, I have never been happier. I came back in January this year to start my graduate job, to a city in Australia of 1 million people which I find too spread out with no real urban life, slow with no heritage, and isolated from anywhere interesting. I have gone from being the life of the party in Europe, always making things happen, going on multiple dates a week and having a rich social life, to being unmotivated and generally feeling like I've lost my adventurous and curious spark. I am just waiting to leave, and can't enjoy myself here.

I want to get back to Europe (specifically Madrid) permanently asap, but am also mindful of not messing up my career prospects. Everyone tells me with the current level of experience I have, I will end up in a dead end. I am happy to continue being a lawyer, but am also open to other avenues which make use of my education and experience.

It is difficult to talk about this with people here, so if any one had advice (or even tough love) I would be interested in hearing.

Messages In This Thread