rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Business in Laos

Business in Laos

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

After today we have the following items to add:

- The local businessmen say that backpacker type accommodation is good profit but high maintenance. For the fast money, this is it. However, the location might be an issue. See below.

- Its close to the country club. This puts it in sleepy location in regards to attracting backpackers, and as i mentioned we are not at all interested in baiting foreigners with drugs in order to get guests.

- We are getting the membership list of the country club today in order to gauge who are the foreign names on the list (Chinese, Japanese or what) so we can better understand who the foreign money might be.

- Liquor import. We will get a licence in order to be able to be in control of what we want to sell. In a communist country, this means that our contacts will be very important in order to set ourselves apart.

- Coffee. My cousin mentioned that family connections have a plantation that borders the coffee region of Vietnam and they swear the quality is as good as Vietnam, but at a lesser cost. This is great, as Vietnamese coffee I think is extremely underrated.

- We will be able to get $1Mil fairly easy, but this will require good management and budgeting. Especially the construction will take a good portion of this soon, and we need to prove the viability within months of opening.

- Family wants this to be underway as soon as possible. As I mentioned, I am only consulting on this project so I don't have much pull beyond this. But my knowledge and contacts are appreciated, and for this I thank you all for the help.

Messages In This Thread