rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need to Cover Gaps on My Resume Fast

Need to Cover Gaps on My Resume Fast

Quote: (12-25-2015 07:45 PM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

That's easy. Go online and find something like this:

http://www.realtaxtools.com/W2-Mate.html...oCCeXw_wcB

It's w-2 software, designed for small businesses. Or if they want a paystub, google "novelty excuses".

That sounds too risky. I really don’t know if printing out fake paystubs or W-2s will completely fool HR. I really don’t know.

Quote: (12-25-2015 07:45 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

No one will ask for W2s unlike it's a niche job, like being a floorhand/derrickhand.

Shit, not even professional jobs ask for W2s.

Actually, they do. At one company I interviewed at they asked for my past W-2 which I couldn’t furnish because the last job position I stated I held on my resume I never worked in.

Quote:Quote:

I was in your situation a couple of years ago and all I did was list myself as a freelancer and had a couple of friends as references because they were my clients. One of them was also listed as a former employer of mine. I put a fake address and a generic company name "LITTLE ABE'S SHEETROCK WORKS", no one every found out.

Freelancing sounds like a good idea. I got 2 questions on this:

1) Would putting freelancing on my resume get me in trouble with HR? Can they find out that I never freelanced?

2) If I put down freelancing on my resume, how would I cover this in case HR asks for proof like my EIN or copy of my business taxes?

3) I got a good friend who used to own a business that failed this year. I never worked for him but I can put his business on my resume and he can provide a good reference. Of course, since I never worked for him I can’t provide W-2s in case HR asks for them to gauge my salary. So considering this, which is better: Putting the freelance work or my friend’s business on my resume?

Messages In This Thread