rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need to Cover Gaps on My Resume Fast

Need to Cover Gaps on My Resume Fast

Quote: (12-24-2015 08:31 PM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

Quote: (12-24-2015 03:16 PM)nidall Wrote:  

As I said in my last post, I discussed the possibility of using a business that went under this year as my last "employer" that I never worked for. The business was a hardware store owned by a good friend who can back me up in case HR calls him.

My question therefore is, which is better? Putting down that I worked or traveled abroad or that I worked for this hardware store?

Fuck traveling if you're not saying you had relevant work experience they don't want to hear it.

Go for the hardware store! This a a no-brainer since your buddy will cover for you for the background check and a reference check. Just make sure that your job responsibilities and title are similar to what your applying for(i.e. don't say your unloaded freight when your applying for Electrical Engineer job).

Besides that I also highly recommend you get the "Fake Resume Guide". This will help you strengthen the rest of your resume. I've had it about 3 years and the exercises in it are gold.

Good luck.

Hey Goldin Boy,

"Fake Resume Guide" sounds interesting - can you post some key insights from the guide?

Would be thankful for it.

Messages In This Thread