rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dresscode for investment banking interview

Dresscode for investment banking interview

Quote: (12-20-2015 07:32 PM)dispenser Wrote:  

H1N1 is dropping good advice, but has the vent issue backwards.

If you're straddling a horse, you want your jacket to split with your legs. So single vented.
If you're sitting on a flat chair, you want the front of the jacket to rise with your legs, and the back flap to remain straight with your back. So double vented.
No-one will judge you for having a single vented business suit, it's just less sleek and less comfortable.

DB suits never have single vents because they're considered city clothes these days. Same reason they're never made of tweed.
Overcoats and 19th century suits (e.g. frock coats, morning coats) usually have a single vent, but only because they're so long that double vents would be awkward.
Pretty sure DB coats of any kind were never worn while riding, again, you need a coat that splits in the middle, both back and front.

You're absolutely correct. I've just been through my wardrobe and I was indeed talking out of my arse there.

Messages In This Thread