rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should the white dress shirt still be your wardrobe staple?

Should the white dress shirt still be your wardrobe staple?

I was shopping for a new dress shirt for jobs and formal with my girl. Since you RVF people are mostly already familiar with style basics, you can guess that it's not easy finding a really good off-the-rack white shirt with a 100$ budget.

Thing is, there are so many good alternatives to white dress shirt nowadays, I'm starting to think if it's even necessary to own a white one anymore. Obsidian blue, light blue, very light red, even black. Aside from making you look more interesting while still staying formal, it has the added benefit of highlighting your physique. White makes you look fatter, and it only look good if you keep it really white.

Other than a black tie event (in which I've heard black dress shirts are still acceptable) I can't think of an occasion where white would trump black or dark navy blue. Thoughts?

Edit: added to that white shirt has the see-through problem.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread