rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Memory Mastery

Memory Mastery

Memory and brain training is actually a passion of mine. The best memory improvement resource I've ever found was an old set of tapes I picked up and ripped as MP3s from Harry Lorayne. The guy is a magician, and uses crazy memory techniques in order to pull off some of his illusions and stunts, so he started writing books, recording tapes, and doing seminars on the subject. What makes him unique (well, one thing that does) is his peg word system, wherein each digit has a corresponding consonant sound, like this:

1 - T
2 - N
3 - M
4 - R
5 - L
6 - J/soft G
7 - K/hard C
8 - F/Ph
9 - P/B
0 - S/Z

Using these consonant sounds you can take any series of numbers and turn it into a sequence of words that you can use to remember things. 57328949 could become "Look, men, phasers!", which is not only easy to remember but easy to decode when needed. You should definitely give his stuff a read or a listen - I recommend listen, because he's hilarious and his gruff voice only makes him funnier.

Also seconding books by Tony Buzan; my personal favorite is Make the Most of Your Mind. Picked that up in a thrift store in the middle of nowhere in Utah and I've kept it on my desk ever since.

Messages In This Thread