rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Memory Mastery

Memory Mastery

Its been going quite well but to be honest creating the links and the memory chained is a skill which must be developed over time. But once youncan create the links am the memory chains quickly and remember them easily, you should be able to do up to 200 words a week!

For other parts of Spanish like when to use the subjective mood I created a sentence which is easy to remember:

Don't think like other people, influence other people

Don't think:

think = verbs that describe mental actions, e.g. "pensar", "creer", "suponer", "imaginar" etc.

don't = subjunctive is triggered when these verbs take place in the negative, e.g. "no creo que exista".

"Dudar" being a special case as it's already a negatively-charged word so it takes the subjunctive without the word "no". Also note that the subjunctive isn't used if it's a question: "no crees que existe?"

Like other people:

Like = verbs that describe feelings or desires, e.g. "querer", "amar", "alegrarse", "gustar", "desear", "molestar", "sentirse" etc.

Other people = subjunctive is triggered if the subject and the object of the sentence are different, e.g. "(yo) deseo que (ella) venga a la fiesta", "me molesta que (tú) hagas tanto ruido".

Influence other people:

Influence = verbs that instruct, command, request and so forth. E.g. "decir", "aconsejar", "pedir", etc.

other people = subjunctive is triggered when the subject and object differ, e.g. "(yo) les pido que (ellos) que me contesten", "(él) me dice que (yo) sea feliz".

Actually, "decir" is a bit of a strange one. The previous sentence uses the subjunctive because it is an instruction ("he tells me to be happy") but if he was just stating the fact that I am happy, it would be "(él) me dice que (yo) soy feliz".

It's made it incredibly easy for me to distinguish between the indicative and subjective moods

Messages In This Thread