rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

edited due to privacy concerns

edited due to privacy concerns

Sorry to hear about your situation.

How long has this been going on for?

I would suggest to not throw medication at the problem, but rather, talk through it (debrief). If you have close friends or family, reach out to them. If not, it might be an idea to seek professional help, where medication isn't part of the solution.

And have you been candid with your feelings to the family member with the terminal illness? You may feel that you are burdening them, but I think you'll find that on the whole, most people who face a life threatening illness will have only a tight-knit group that rally around them, and other non-important people in their lives falling by the way side. Be part of the tight-knit group I say - show your support, it can be cathartic and not to mention energising for the person who is suffering.

By the way, medication will only serve to mask the emotional issues, which will simmer underneath until the veil is eventually lifted. It takes strength and courage to deal with it head on, but it is the only proper way.

There is nothing weak about admitting that you are struggling either, you're only human.

Messages In This Thread