rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Migrant invasion of Europe

Migrant invasion of Europe

ilostabet, excellent analysis. I won't disagree that there are many cons to modern living.

Yes, I think the world can be divided into the modern and the traditional, the revolutionary and the conservative.
I think those of us who are living with one foot in both worlds will have to make a choice one day (or have the choice made for us as the world changes).

The developed world isn't so bad either though. Don't forget pain, poverty(real starvation), disease, violence. We have them mostly under control in the developed world. Just make a visit to your local hospital emergency room or homeless shelter and remind yourself how hard things can be.

No, I don't think most people would choose to go back away from modernity. Just ask all the migrants from traditional societies how they like it there.

Yes, social isolation and sterile unhealthy lifestyles are problems, but at least you get to live and *try* to make it better. How many times would you have died without modern society's police, sanitation, healthcare, economics, agriculture ?

There's certainly two sides to this issue. I hope society can find a balance.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope

Messages In This Thread