rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gdansk & Sopot (Poland) Mini Data Sheet

Gdansk & Sopot (Poland) Mini Data Sheet

Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia are three Polish cities on the northern cost that are slowing merging into one.

Gdynia: Smallest of the three, most skippable
Gdansk: Most visually appearling, attracts tourist groups
Sopot: Contains beach and dense nightlife zone

A great informational resource is http://www.gdansk-life.com

This area is a popular summer destination with Sopot being the ideal choice for young people. I stayed in Gdansk where I went out on Thursday and Friday night. I did Sopot on Saturday night.

Pros: Good option if you want to do touristy shit during the day. Four or eight hour audio tour guide from tourist office will keep you busy in Gdansk. Or obviously you can hit the beach in Sopot. Lots of beautiful Polish girls in Sopot.

Cons: Tons of tourists, including hordes of thirsty Spanish guys. Generic, cheesy nightlife that makes you feel like part of a cattle drive. Attitude is through the roof with high bitch shields.

Gdansk Nightlife

Small, puny, and pathetic. Not many cute girls and the ones that are there dress sloppily. Your three "best" options:

Absinthe. Dive bar full of old dudes and fat hipster girls. Worth a quick peek to see if there are girls.

Parlament. Club right next to Absinthe. Huge space with okay amount of mediocre girls. Thursday is the best night, but be prepared to encounter a lot of Spanish dudes. The club rips you off with a "prepaid" card you need to buy drinks, meaning you'll probably lose some money in your balance.

Yesterday. Oldies club. Small space and crappy talent but decent spot for bar or dance floor pickups. Probably your best bet, since girls were more open than in Parlament.

I can't recommend the nightlife, but if you like sightseeing then you may enjoy Gdansk. More info: http://wikitravel.org/en/Gdansk

Sopot Nightlife

There are about two dozen clubs, mostly high-end, meaning you have to wait in line, pay cover, deal with attitude, and so on. The action is on Monte Cassino street, which is right by the train station. Simply follow the crowd.

I enjoyed Zla Kobieta, which was more bar-like and had a good amount of women.

For a second I didn't think I was in Poland because of snobby attitude, so unless you like "clubbing" you will probably dislike Sopot. Nonetheless, the Polish girls here were the hottest I've seen in the country and foreign status is still a benefit in spite of being so many foreigners present. It's worth a weekend visit during the summer, but not much more. More info: http://www.klif.pl/99414,12.dhtml

Lodging in Gdansk will be easier to come by than Sopot. In that case you can take train to Sopot at night. Takes about 25 minutes and runs all night.

Messages In This Thread