rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York City: Losing My Religion

New York City: Losing My Religion

Great posts gents, way to really sum it up. Overall I think NYC is full of opportunity. Its really what you make of it, everyday.

You can live a good lifestyle in NYC; easy commute, lifestyle, decent apartment, friends, good food, relatively easy to meet people, endless job opportunities with the ability to switch careers because there are frankly more open jobs here than anywhere else.

You have to work your way up here. Its easy to look at the island as a place of the wealthy and spoiled who have it easy, and while that exists, its really made up of war stories. You have to start at the bottom or have some foot in the door. Nothing is easy, for most people here. Rarely do I meet a trust fund baby or someone served life on a platter. Its easy to meet impressive people; people that started at the bottom and worked their way up. That includes women, often I meet and date impressive girls who I then sometimes having a tough time walking away from.

Of course women are hypergamous. Thats expected. Truthfully, they are everywhere, in every town. Surprise surprise. Thats why many of them move here. It doesnt bug me. Its reality. But I interact now with women in NYC like I did when I was 18 hanging out in Washington Sq Park. Completely different than someone looking for a wife or hell, even an LTR. Fuck that. You meet random girls everywhere you go, everyday in all settings. Some are cool, and others are psychos.

July 4th I meet a gorgeous Korean girl just out of college and just moved to the city from Seoul. We have had a couple of really pleasant dates, not late night American drunken slog fests(Onto remember??). Ill keep seeing her. Another was a girl from Mexico City, beautiful young women in her early 20's. We watched a parade together and had a little insta date. Funny enough, that exact scenario happened to me last summer. These women are everywhere. You wont get that anywhere else in the US.

NYC can be monotonous. But life can be anyways, anywhere. I combat that with a clear life's focus. I know what I want and where I am going. I enjoy my lifestyle. I travel frequently, workout, love my apartment, love to work hard. I never get bored, but get antsy, so then I leave for a few days. Not hard to do. I go through phases where I game aggressively for weeks or months, then get totally burned out after many drunken late nights, then I have to recoup with rest, meditation, Equinox, Central Park and friends.

You really have to decide what you want out of life, and be driven by your own intent, and not drifting. Look at your stay here like a party that lasts a few years. It really is when you appreciate whats at your finger tips, and if you manage it well.

Messages In This Thread