rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Freediving Master Thread

Freediving Master Thread

Freediving Master Thread:

About:

Freediving is diving without the use of air tanks- just holding your breath and going down. There are different types (apnea etc), but its mainly seeing how deep you can dive without air.

Why Freedive:

- Its extremely relaxing/ meditative.
In order to dive down as deep as possible you have to minimise exertion and try and lower heart rate as much as possible. The breathing exercises you learn help with this. Also, when cold water hits your face, the mammalian dive reflex kicks in and your heart rate slows down, making you feel extremely calm- like youre gliding through the water.

- You get to experience the ocean in a new way.
Personally I love the ocean and espescially the open sea. Its a really cool feeling to see only water in every direction.

- You can do it with asthma.
I'm sure I'd enjoy scuba diving, but there are problems using the tanks with asthma. This also improves your snorkelling as you dive deeper for longer. Some professional freedivers have asthma. Obviously check with your doctor first but you should be ok. (I was).

- It's very rewarding.
Within 10 days of training, you should be able to dive down to 40m. The improvements are rapid and it's fun to try something where applying yourself makes such a marked difference.

I'm not an expert at freediving and would love other guys to chime in. I just saw there were no real posts on the subject and think its definitely worth trying. Freediving is one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.

Messages In This Thread