rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South of Spain

South of Spain

Someone asked about beach towns in the south of Spain during summer. I live in Seville. Which is not a beach town. I think you first have to understand the mentality of people and girls here first. The south tends to be somewhat conservative, traditional, and closed-minded. People always say...but in the south people are always partying and so much fun. Yes and no. I've lived here for many years. Try breaking into social circles where people grow up in the same hoods, go to the same schools, then live at home until they are married and socialize with the same friends, then get a job in the SAME city and live down the block from their parents and still socialize with the same friends. I have many Spanish friends here that have never travelled more than 1-2 hrs. away from Seville and are happy as can be. Their level of English is kindergarten, if that. So I think it's very easy to find people to have a drink and a laugh, but actually making solid contacts takes a ton of work.

The girls are some of the best looking I have seen anywhere. And I have travelled a lot! I would stack Seville up against ANY city anywhere for the sheer numbers of incredible dark skinned, dark hair, slim girls. They are just everywhere. I have friends that boast of the girls in another city they saw at bla bla club at 1am. Yeah...at the best club on a Friday night you saw top shelf girls. I can go to get bread at 10:00 on a Tuesday and see tons of hot girls just walking around. It's silly...really. Problem is...many of these girls will only date Spanish guys. Your family and friends are so important here. People care about appearances...and to have their friends see them walking around with some foreign guy, it might look strange. This is not for all the girls and thankfully things have changed somewhat. But in reality this is a very closed society. I've met plenty of foreign guys who come here for a weekend or whatever, expecting streets of gold and find that they can't even get a girl to talk with them for 1 minute.

That being said, it's important to go places where you are going to get more of an international crowd! The Malaga area is certainly tons more international. You have beach towns all up and down the Costa del Sol...Benalmadena, Fuengirola, Marbella, Puerto Banus....check out some of these places.

My FAVORITE beach areas, however, are on the Cadiz side. No need to check out Cadiz town. This is more family oriented. Head south of Cadiz in a car and just stop at some of the towns and see what flicks your bic. The best towns for hooking up and having fun with a good crowd are without a doubt: LA PALMERA BEACH, CANOS DE MECA BEACH, AND TARIFA. Tarifa is the windsurfing capital of the world and sits right on the tip across from Morocco. Huge atmosphere in the summertime, with girls that come from all over Spain and Europe. You can go out every day of the week, but especially on weekends it will be packed. Tons of girls everywhere. Get out of the city to go to the best beaches and chiringuitos (beach bars).

I was at one last summer called Tumbao (which means lying down...as they have cushions on the ground). Just take a seat and look at the girls. That beach is also very good. I believe this beach is called Valdevaqueros. You also have Chiringuito Agua as well as several more. Ask people for ideas on the best ones to go to. Things change. There is a sick hotel in the area if you have the cashola called Dos Mares. Have to book well in advance. There is a club near Canos called Ohju. I have never been, but I think if you like House music, this could be good. I'm sure good girls must go to this club. The inauguration party is 18 June and the website is http://www.ohjuclub.com. If you stick to these 3 beaches, you will see all the sights you need to see, trust me.

There are probably 2 more beaches worth mentioning...for the beach action and going out somewhat...Chiclana de la Frontera and Conil de la Frontera. Might be worth a look, as would Zahara de los Atunes (but this is more quiet I think as it's a small town). Have fun!

Messages In This Thread