rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Lizard of Oz Appreciation Thread

The Lizard of Oz Appreciation Thread

Gentlemen of the Forum: Stand and Represent.

For well over a year and a half in more than three thousand posts, The Lizard of Oz has been consistently and generously lacing this Forum with pure gold.

Any single one of the following would be reason enough to salute the peerless TLOZ; it legitimately *blows the mind* (forgive me for omitting the obligatory gif) to realize they are all due to this one outstanding poster: I could go on and on and on (and I encourage others to do so in this thread if you are so inclined), but this is a fair taste of the veritable smorgasbord that TLOZ has laid out for our feasting at the RVF table.

The Japanese have an exquisite word, 彬彬 (ひんぴん; hin-pin), to describe a composition whose outer form and inner substance are arrayed in harmony. TLOZ's posts are unfailingly 彬彬: Not only beautifully felt and written, they express thoughts and a philosophy of Life which are themselves beautiful. As The Lizard once remarked to another poster, "Few men are able to hold these two ideas in mind at once: giving the artist his due for his ability to express a feeling, while at the same time recognizing how shallow, confused or outright ludicrous the thought behind the feeling really is." TLOZ not only has superb abilities to express feelings, but -- what is more -- his thoughts behind those feelings are profound, coherent, and outright astounding.

TLOZ: Thanks for all you've given to the Forum. I for one have made several very tangible improvements to my life based on your advice. And I get a hell of a kick out of reading your posts. Long may you run.

Messages In This Thread