rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The dangers of the red pill

The dangers of the red pill

A major danger of 'The Red Pill' is that all you ever do is talk about it on the internet, or get upset about 'decline' and god knows what, and walk around feeling angry and disenfranchised. Congratulations, you're now exactly the same as the leftist SJWs who allow themselves to be ruled by emotion and a righteous sense of injustice. I think that irony is often lost on many of us, and I've certainly been guilty of it in the past.

And this is the danger, that 'The Red Pill' becomes something you feel about, or talk about, but don't actually think hard enough about or do enough about. You can talk about shagging more girls, or partying harder, or owning more things, or moving to SEA where everything will be gravy, but in many ways all of these things are unbecoming as goals in themselves for a man of potential. All of these things are fine, and even desirable if you're that way inclined, as incidental happenings within the larger tapestry of a life that you are actually trying to do something with.

As a man you should be building and mastering, with everything you do. It doesn't matter if you are a gardener or a banker, you should be mastering what you do and building towards something. And this is a fundamental flaw of 'The Red Pill', that is EXACTLY the same fundamental flaw of the intellectual left, in that all it offers for the most part is criticism and mud-slinging, without placing enough emphasis on something to aim for, to build towards, to achieve.

Everywhere you look on the 'Manosphere' there are blogs and articles and comments about how 95% of women aren't worth a damn. Again, the irony, 95% of men aren't worth a damn, and a lot of the blogs pushing you stuff saying 'you're special and intelligent otherwise you couldn't have stumbled across this part of the internet' are selling you something, you just may not realise it because they are blowing smoke up your arse while they sell you books on 'location independence' or whatever.

In my view, this side of 'The Red Pill' is a huge fucking cop out that stops you ever really having to commit to anything or anyone, or to actually fucking struggling to make a success for yourself, or to build a dynasty for yourself as best you can, with the means you have at your disposal. And achieving anything of worth IS a struggle. You think it's EVER been easy to meet a really quality girl who shares your values and enriches your life and who with you raises your own little tribe, the sum of which could exceed anyone else's? That shit would have been damn fucking hard 3000 years ago, and it still is now. There are some very bright, articulate, and thoughtful people in this community, many of whom clearly seem to have their shit together. There are also a lot who are over grown children talking about how much life is stacked against them, and how all girls are worthless sex objects, and how they are all (fucking thousands of them) going to go to Thailand and live off ebook proceeds.

We've just finished aesthetics week in the 'Manosphere', and if you want the Vita Beata you must actually be ABOUT something yourself, not just be about talking about it on the internet waiting for some collapse or someone to come along and make everything better for you. There are some awesome people on here, many live within hailing distance of each other, yet it seems relatively few are doing anything to build tribe, to invest in creating a real community that they contribute to and work with towards similar ends.

Ultimately the danger of 'The Red Pill' is that all you ever do is tell other people on the internet how smart you are, and bitch about how bad we've got it in the current environment. There's no doubt that it's a bad time to be traditionally minded, and that it is damn hard to find people worth a damn, but hard is not an excuse and if you're really 'Red Pill' you have no business making excuses, you should be out there building something. For me personally, that means my own dynasty - family and friends, tribe. It means adding value and helping others succeed, so that they in turn can help raise me up higher. 'The Red Pill' is in many respects a wonderful thing, but you can get awfully caught up in intellectual masturbation without ever finding yourself a purpose and devoting you life to it.

Messages In This Thread