rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santa Cruz, Bolivia: Hidden Gem? (Data Sheet)

Santa Cruz, Bolivia: Hidden Gem? (Data Sheet)

Quote: (03-30-2015 09:41 AM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

Thanks for saving me all kinds of time with your responses. I won't be addressing any more comments or questions related to Bolivia's demographics.

Also, great tips regarding transport. Let me propose an itinerary that includes SCZ to my boy MP and any others interested.

Thanks for the extensive datasheet.

I'm posting the link to the nightclub again:
https://www.facebook.com/ogabolivia/photos_stream
These are mixed Bolivians.

Quote: (03-30-2015 09:41 AM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

Backpacker Circuit

Cusco/Arequipa -> Puno (bus)
Puno -> Copacabana (bus)
Copacabana -> La Paz (bus)
La Paz -> Santa Cruz (flight)
Santa Cruz -> Sucre (flight)
Sucre -> Potosi -> Oruro -> La paz (buses)
Then back to Peru

This requires time, as does incorporating North Argentina/Paraguay in your trip. I would be a big fan of hitting Asuncion, SCZ, and second tier Brazilian cities in parana and santa catarina states all on the same trip. Again, you would need time and willingness to take an overnight bus or two. But the payoff is that this a fascinating and under explored part of the world.

I would suggest, if you have the time, something like this route, depending on what you want to see:

[Image: Screen_Shot_2015_03_30_at_11_31_00_AM.png]

This route gets you more interesting places and avoids the Chaco. It would be easy to stop at places along the route: Titicaca, Sucre, Rosario, Misiones, Asuncion, Sao Paulo, 2nd and 3rd tiers... You could optionally hit up Santiago and fly to BsAs, or take the ferry to Uruguay and head to Iguazu through southern Brasil.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Messages In This Thread