rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The most nutritious cooking method

The most nutritious cooking method

My grandmother died at age 97. Never used a microwave. Never really cared about the "nutritional value" of brocolli. I eat for taste. If shit in microwave tastes better than in the pan, then I'll do it.

BTW:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12577584
Microwave-oven technology has been improved by the use of low power. With the utilization of low-power techniques, studies showed equal or better retention of nutrients for microwave, as compared with conventional, reheated foods for thiamin, riboflavin, pyridoxine, folacin, and ascorbic acid. Beef roasts microwaved at "simmer" were comparable with conventionally cooked roasts in sensory quality, while vegetables cooked by an institutional (1,150 w) microwave oven were superior to those cooked in a domestic (550 w) microwave oven. Microwave-cooked bacon had lower levels of nitrosamines than conventionally cooked bacon; however, the use of a new alpha-tocopherol coating system has been found to be a safe N-nitrosamine inhibitor regardless of cooking method used.

You can find more studies in pubmed.

Messages In This Thread