rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Arequipa (Peru) Data

Arequipa (Peru) Data

Quote: (01-15-2015 04:02 PM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

Quote: (01-15-2015 03:09 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

Appreciate the great data Papi Rico! Always good to see intel on an underreported destination. And after seeing some of the women he met in Arequipa via What's App, Peru is definitely on my list for 2015.

A couple of questions...

What are prices for rent (studio/1 BR in center) running?

Did you by chance gather any intel on Peru surf spots while chatting with the locals?

Haha, that's right man, a Peruvian siege is in order!

I actually settled for a private room in a hostel for 3 weeks. I ended paying around 25 USD/night, and the location was as good as it could get. Anyone interested, send me a PM.

I inquired in great depth re rentals, but the concept of short-term stays hasn't seem to hit AQP yet. Airbnb is virtually nonexistent there. I was told that renters are treated very favorably under Peruvian law, which is why landlords seem to be hesitant to let someone crash for a month and then have to worry about potential eviction procedures. On adondevivir.com, there are a total of 3 properties for short-term rent in AQP, and none are in the center. Your best bet would be to get there, and immediately negotiate monthly pricing with a hostel or hotel. I'm sure you could get something decent for under 500 USD, up-front in cash. Make sure to be clear on the guest policy. Some hostels are cool with it, some aren't and charge extra.

Re surfing, you've already seen my coordination and could probably guess that I wouldn't make the best surfer. I do know that Peru has a great surf culture, and I often hear Mancora and Huanchaco (on the north coast) being discussed in this respect.

A siege of somewhere is in order for sometime in 2015!

Sad to here there are no good AirBnb options. $500 for a month at a hotel is quite reasonable though.

As for surf, I'm sure you'd be just fine after a week in the water even with the coordination issues. I've heard conflicting reports of Mancora, which was why I asked.

Messages In This Thread