rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Arequipa (Peru) Data

Arequipa (Peru) Data

Quote: (01-15-2015 02:29 PM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

Quote: (01-15-2015 02:09 PM)Dr Feelgood Wrote:  

Also, the concept of bricheras is a bit confusing to me, you shed a bit of light on this. I took a supposed brichera home one night in Lima, but she was very sweet and didn't ask me for anything except for the taxi fare back (which most girls do). So I guess the concept of a brichera is a very fluid one.

A fluid concept indeed. I used the term extreme brichera to refer to those who operate with the specific intent to inflict harm (e.g., drug + rob you). These are your superbricheras, effectively criminals. Then you have brichera lite (I just invented this term), which we can use to refer to those who want nothing other than economic gain and perhaps a chance to leave the country. Their tactics are not criminal per se; they resort to psychological manipulation.

It sounds like your girl simply wanted to have fun, and didn't have the cash to make it back home. Barring any further info, I wouldn't call her a brichera in the way I understand the term.

The term carries a very negative connotation in Peru, though I jokingly use it with girls to disarm them. The verb brichear means to go out looking foreigners, with the added purpose to extract some sort of economic benefit.

It applies equally to Peruvian males who go after backpacker girls. I think in these cases, however, the brichero(a)-foreigner relationships are much more likely to be voluntary and informed, as I observed many female sex tourists who had moved down to Arequipa specifically to find a brichero.

He he, yes, let's stick with those terms to explore that brichera concept further in the future.

Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!" - Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Messages In This Thread