rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Maybe Red Pill's not dead in some parts of Hollywood: Angelina Jolie and Sony

Maybe Red Pill's not dead in some parts of Hollywood: Angelina Jolie and Sony

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mov...7151332622

Quote:Quote:

ANOTHER day, another release of embarrassing insider information courtesy of the mammoth Sony Pictures leak. This time, it’s actor, director and humanitarian Angelina Jolie in the crossfire.

Jolie is the topic of conversation in a series of fiery emails between Sony Pictures co-chairperson Amy Pascal and movie producer Scott Rudin, as they debate scheduling issues surrounding the forthcoming Steve Jobs biopic, Jobs.

According to the emails, published on Gawker, it appears the tension started when director David Fincher was tied to the Jobs biopic, rather than Jolie’s upcoming film project, a new retelling of Cleopatra.

“[Jolie] is upset about us giving david jobs. She wants to talk,” Pascal said to Rudin in an email dated February 27 2014.

“She’ll survive it. I don’t want to waste my time on this,” came Rudin’s blunt response.

Later that same day, the pair traded a series of increasingly angry emails about Jolie’s apparent displeasure that acclaimed director Fincher would be unavailable to work on the Cleopatra project.

“YOU BETTER SHUT ANGIE DOWN BEFORE SHE MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR DAVID TO DO JOBS,” Rudin wrote, to which Pascal responded, “Do not f**king threaten me.”

Rudin’s next email was when the knives really started to come out for Jolie, who’d had the Cleopatra biopic lined up as her next film after her stint behind the camera directing the war epic Unbroken.

“Don’t for one second even think about trying this sh*t with me,” Rudin wrote.
“There is no movie of Cleopatra to be made (and how that is a bad thing and rampaging spoiled ego of this woman and the cost of the movie is beyond me) and if you won’t tell her that you do not like the script — which, let me remind you, SHE DOESN’T EITHER — this will just spin even further out in Crazyland but let me tell you I have zero appetite for the indulgence of spoiled brats and I will tell her this myself if you don’t.”

Phew. If you can imagine it, things get even more heated between the two from there.

While Gawker have detailed the pair’s tit-for-tat in full, we’ll save you having to read a lengthy email screaming match between two Hollywood big wigs and instead serve you up this particularly juicy morsel from Rudin, as he outlines his distaste at working on the Cleopatra film

“I’m not remotely interested in presiding over a $180m ego bath that we both know will be the career-defining debacle for us both. I’m not destroying my career over a minimally talented spoiled brat who thought nothing of shoving this off her plate for eighteen months so she could go direct a movie. I have no desire to be making a movie with her, or anybody, that she runs and that we don’t. She’s a camp event and a celebrity and that’s all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming. We will end up being the laughing stock of our industry and we will deserve it, which is so clearly where this is headed that I cannot believe we are still wasting our time with it.”

Ouch.

Sort of want to post both a cheering gif and a wincing gif, the latter being for what's about to happen to this guy's career.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Messages In This Thread