rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Siege of San Salvador

The Siege of San Salvador

Quote: (12-09-2014 03:51 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2014 03:25 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (12-08-2014 10:24 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Great thread. It seems like you guys are having a great time. I want to go, but people tell me its very dangerous especially for us mexicanos. Mexican people are hated with a passion down there and although I'm from the U.S. my Mexican Spanish accent gives it away. Still willing to go there and game me some Salvadorenas.

Good job guys. +1 from me.

Have any of the people who tell you how dangerous it is ever been there? I have. If you do what I said earlier in the thread, you should be fine.

Yeah I should know better as a person who gets bombarded with fear mongering on Mexican cartels from friends and family every time I go to Mexico. I go anyway regardless. The people who tell me are just Mexicans who have had experiences with Salvadorians in the U.S. There's like a big gripe between both countries, similar with the whole Japan and China thing.

I should go, and I have no idea why I haven't gone yet. Its not that more expensive than Mexico in terms of flying. I should give it a try next year and squeeze it in with my schedule.

I was pretty sure I knew the answer to my question, but was just looking for confirmation. It's funny how people who never visit a particular place often act like they are the world's foremost experts on that place. I deal with Salvadorans day in and day out and I don't know if I have ever heard any of them say anything negative about Mexico or Mexicans. I don't know how easy/cheap it is to get to El Salvador from Chicago, but it is cheap and convenient to get there from the D.C. area. It's one of the most popular international destinations and Taca runs many direct flights daily from Dulles to San Salvador. Everywhere I have been in Central American has been much easier than Mexico and has had equal or better talent. There's something that puts me at a huge disadvantage in Mexico that I for some reason am unable to figure out.

Messages In This Thread