rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Sorry for the lag yall, went on a last minute 4-day reunion in northern Vietnam

Quote: (04-07-2015 02:49 PM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2015 06:03 AM)atlant Wrote:  

So for just a short visit of 1-2 weeks for beaches, nice food, some partying and girls I assume skipping Da Nang and just going straight to Hoi An is the better choice?

Da Nang has more beaches, more food options, more partying, and more girls in comparison to Hoi An. I wouldn't spend more than a day in Hoi An if solo, or a couple nights if with a chick. Hoi An is just to walk around for a couple hours, buy some custom jackets/shoes, and gtho. Otherwise, the backpackers are going to kill your vibe hard.

Edit: Ah, just read Cyclone had a blast. Personally I couldn't adapt to the 9:30PM bar closing times and tourist traps. Yes, the food is great and there may be a scene on certain occasions, but it all seems tourism-catered. So while Hoi An is certainly more aesthetically pleasing, I would dispute that it is more authentic than its larger neighbor. In any event, it's like a 45 minute bus from Da Nang. Check both out and see where you're more comfortable.

Yeah, you would actually get incredibly bored in Hoi An even for 1 week, unless your goal is to do some type of meditative retreat. IME it's just a handy supplement to Da Nang. At first glance the food options in Hoi An are better but certainly if you live in DN a couple weeks you'd find superior options. Hoi An only feels more authentic in the sense that that's what most visitors "picture" in their minds of what Vietnam is like (vegetable gardens, teahouses, temples, architecture..)

i like to tell people the real Vietnam is more like this:
[Image: attachment.jpg25885]   
...which is still cool in its own way.

Quote: (04-08-2015 09:26 AM)crisj Wrote:  

Nice write up Cyclone. I've been in Da nang now since November last year and agree with everything said.

My friend, good looking white guy who i share an apartment with who has a decent level of game has only been laid once since November. It's definitely not an 'easy' place to get laid as there's a small town mentality but there are plenty of beautiful girls here and more and more traveller girls passing through all the time.

A lot of expats are leaving due to the visa restrictions imposed since Jan throughout Vietnam. It now costs $300+ to renew your visa for 3 months in country, or you have to leave and come back at a similar cost.

Wow dude, what is your friend doing here?? That is why i'm glad I was on a campus back when I lived here. I hope he's still getting action on some level. And regarding the visa restrictions, I completely forgot about that, that's why there are so few foreigners now? Bit pissed that the government would do that, seems like the opposite of what the country needs..

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Messages In This Thread