rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Quote: (04-08-2015 09:26 AM)crisj Wrote:  

Nice write up Cyclone. I've been in Da nang now since November last year and agree with everything said.

In regards to the women situation here-I got lucky and managed to land myself a legitimate 8+ who speaks perfect English my second week here and was in a short relationship with her until about 2 weeks ago.

My friend, good looking white guy who i share an apartment with who has a decent level of game has only been laid once since November. It's definitely not an 'easy' place to get laid as there's a small town mentality but there are plenty of beautiful girls here and more and more traveller girls passing through all the time.

The bars here are hit and miss and like much of SEA it helps if you can play pool! The locals love it hear and it's a good way to break into sets at the bars.

I find the language barrier really restrictive however compared to Saigon. There is a huge 'thirst' to learn English here like most of SEA, but the cost to do it is prohibitive for most as the average wage for a local is around 2.7 mill VND or $125 month.

A lot of expats are leaving due to the visa restrictions imposed since Jan throughout Vietnam. It now costs $300+ to renew your visa for 3 months in country, or you have to leave and come back at a similar cost.

It's not all negative though! The beach is great at the moment and the weather is fine, it should be a good summer. If anyone is in town message me and we can meet up for a beer and ill show you the sights.

Thanks for the input as well.

Have you been to Hoi An? If so, how would you compare the two, in terms of English proficiency in the general population, cost of living, hookup culture for travelers, etc.?

I ask, because I'll be making my way through Asia at the end of the year, and I'll be looking for a place to settle down for a month, rent a pad, and get a ton of work done, bolting down and just working out a ton, working online, and gaming at nights.

I loved Vietnam when I was just passing through about five years ago and had my sights set on Da Nang, but the lack of English speaking ability, and lack of nightlife/hookup chance is a bit of a downer.

What other possibilities could you recommend for a guy like me? Not sure if it matters, but I'm a good looking white guy who's willing to part with 1500 or so for the month.

Messages In This Thread