rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Quote: (01-25-2015 11:58 AM)w00t Wrote:  

sounds good but almost too good to be true..

wheres the downside? language barrier? conservative girls?

If you go in the wrong season, it is a bit quiet, cold, and rainy. And the seas off the coast of Nam can be formidable swimming that time of year. Not a big deal if you've got the money to taxi, cold weather clothes, and just plan to take in the scenery and go out hitting the clubs, etc. It was a bit much for moto-ing around everywhere as cold rains kept grabbing us.

I would assume the girls are a bit conservative, though they were definitely eyeballing when I was there. Conservative girls isn't a downside to me, though, so I suppose it depends on your priorities.

I will say that there are massage shops where you can walk in and they'll line up 12 - 15 cuties all with big sheepish grins like they've never had a white guy come in before. Not my thing but I admit I was tempted to give it a go. Anyways, the real point is that where there are girls working in massage shops you can bet there are girls willing to face the social stigma that comes with dating a foreigner. So if meeting non-conservative girls is high on the list of priorities, you may not find it target-rich, but you'll probably find something. I would say it's probably not a completely optimal spot for a playboy but more a guy who likes a steady girl or dating for somewhat longer stretches.

Language can be an issue too. DaNang has its own unique dialect.

Oh, I think I forgot to mention some fat guy asking me to take a pic of him on the beach and then offered me a blowjob when I handed his camera back. That was interesting, given that it was late morning in a clean and very non-touristy place. Most certainly not a seedy area.

But anyways, why stretch for downsides? We're all travel-wise enough to know that nowhere is perfect and everywhere has its gives and takes. DaNang is a fascinating little city, though, and would make a great long-term living destination (if preferably on a seasonal basis). Gets my full recommendation.

One thing I can't remember if it was mentioned or not about Da Nang - surfing. Perhaps not the best for beginners, but it got a little claim to fame for the G.I.s who would stand guard for each other while hitting waves during the war.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread