rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Quote: (10-25-2014 04:29 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

Quote: (10-25-2014 04:19 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Btw, Thedude,
I recall you posting in one of the threads recently that you are looking to open your own resto, but not for money, just for the fun of it. If you're not in it to make money, why don't you open it in a happening place in SEA? Da Nang, Saigon, Cebu (huge Korean community there) and other similar up and coming beach town would be ideal places. Taking your talent, experience and knowledge, You'd be in no time a a big whale in a small pond, thus giving you an unmatched quality of life and very fun lifestyle, that you'd probably never get in a super competitive market like LA or anywhere in the US. And with the fun lifestyle, success wouldn't be hard to achieve either and thus great potential to make money too! Have you thought about that?

Yes, been having this exact conversation with Fisto today. I've been sending my resume out to the bigger and more high end resorts in Hoi An. The plan being to work at a steady job while making contacts until I can pull all the necessary strings to open my own place. It would take a while to understand everything needed to open up a place in SEA. I talked to one American restaurant owner in Thailand and he was having a hard time there. They'll let any Thai open whatever they want, but the minute a foreigner tries to open a place, they bring out the rules and regulations, gotta have clearly marked fire exits, ventilation, sanitation, etc...which is a joke considering the Thai restaurants that neighbor him clearly had zero regard for those regulations.

Not sure how Vietnam is by comparison, but if I could work there under a company and get paid while I do R+D that would be pretty sweet.

It's also somewhat like that in Vietnam, the easiest way is to know people who are in high positions in the government, if you have their help you can stop giving a shit about regulations or whatever.

Messages In This Thread