rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Bang Da Nang (Vietnam)

Quote: (04-26-2016 01:43 AM)Stickman Wrote:  

Just to clear up something here.

Da Nang is not that small. Many compare Danang to Chang Mai but Chang Mai has a population of 400,000 vs Da Nang of 1 million. Unless you're a machine and banging everything in sight. I wouldn't worry much about gaining a reputation.

Exactly. DN may have a small-town feel, but physically it is sprawling for 20+ km in either direction. Something tells me this person didn't have a motorbike - you need one to bounce between locales and save time.

Quote: (05-02-2016 06:09 AM)HOD Wrote:  

I'm more interested in the food, than the women.

My friend lives in Saigon, is the food better in Saigon or Hanoi. Word on the street is Hanoi is better.

Hanoi does actually have the best food in Vietnam - somehow, in Saigon, it's always a crapshoot, the people there don't put too much care into the product. However in Hanoi the food is a source of pride and they put much delicate care into making sure it tastes great. Plus, it's got Bun Cha, the best VNese dish.

Quote: (12-17-2016 06:04 AM)Sandstorm Wrote:  

Anyone still in Da Nang?

I'm thinking about relocating there for 6 months after I've finished up here in BKK. Bored of BKK this time. Want to live by the beach.

So Tyler, you say living by the beach is low-value? How so? Aren't there nice places on the beach? I quite fancied the idea of being able to get up early ad jog along the sand or just chill on a veranda and go surfing when I needed a break - bad idea? City center better?

The beach area is technically the nicest but not a very well-established culture there. There's plenty more happening on the river. I think you have a wrong impression of DN beaches in general - they are relatively bland, with few resources compared to Bali or Philippines.

Quote: (12-17-2016 09:01 PM)Mr. Scumbag Wrote:  

I have about a month off in February. I'm thinking of doing some traveling while trying to live frugally.
I'm assuming Da Nang will be even cheaper and have better weather than HCMC or Hanoi in late Jan/early Feb?

Yes to both questions. I was in DN in February and it was incredibly breezy, although Saigon also has excellent weather at that time. Cheaper compared to HN/SG but also fewer brand-name items. Don't go expecting to be able to buy American books, or appliances, at the moment it's still a very Vietnamese-made city. My datasheet would be incredibly helpful for anyone staying longer than a month, and primary recommendation in hindsight is to stay by the river, you'll have a phenomenal time.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Messages In This Thread