rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I buy a DSLR or camcorder?

Should I buy a DSLR or camcorder?

Quote: (08-26-2014 04:04 PM)DaveR Wrote:  

The lighting is much improved, but I see that your forehead is a bit over-exposed (too much light compared to other areas). A few ways to fix it:

- try to soften the light by putting a semi-transparent material between it and yourself.

Roosh, DaveR made some solid points. If you want to take the shine off you could use some diffusion. DIY selfers have used bed sheets or shower curtains to cut some light and make it less harsh. I am not sure where your light is coming from, is it from above? Or are you shining a light on yourself which is in front or to the side of you? It could be as simple as clipping some thin cloth around the light with some C47s (clothespins) and just make sure the material don't burn.

This thread covers inexpensive DIY light diffusion, seems like wax paper would work also.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-manag...r-not.html

Quote:Quote:

Recently I was doing a shoot for a fellow who had NO budget. All he had for lighting were some Home Depot worklights, which were very bright and fairly even temperatured, but were prone to having hotspots at certain angles. In a rush in trying to make these lights work, I raided his kitchen and found good old fashioned cooking wax paper, which is probably what you're describing.

It did a tremendous job of diffusing the light, and is essentially heat resistant. There were occasions where the material made solid contact with the framing of the cheap lamps and started burning off the wax, but it definitely will not catch fire or do any actual damage to anything.

Best part is, it didn't reduce the brightness of the light too much. So would I use the wax paper again? Definitely. Will I ever shoot with Home Depot work lights? Heck no - but I had no choice in that shoot; the budget wasn't mine. But I learned something new about wax paper's uses, so it made the experience worthwhil

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Messages In This Thread