rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I buy a DSLR or camcorder?

Should I buy a DSLR or camcorder?

Quote: (08-24-2014 10:44 AM)DaveR Wrote:  

Quote: (08-24-2014 10:27 AM)monster Wrote:  

Unfortunately, the upgrades on cameras from v1 to v2 are about as meaningless as the upgrade from windows 8 to 8.1 in 99% of the cases. What's important: the CMOS sensor and the megapixels rarely change significantly. They only add stupid inconsequential shit like Wifi and GPS (really? who needs GPS on a dslr). If wifi is that important you can purchase 3rd party wifi sim cards for a fraction of the cost for an upgrade.

I think used camera bodies are probably some of the best deals in used consumer equipment in the whole market today.

Built-in wifi may prove useful to Roosh if he will be shooting solo, because it enables remote control from a phone or computer without having to carry a bulky USB cable - keep in mind that he is still somewhat of a nomad.

The D3300 has the same sensor as the D5300, so it may be a better deal if the wifi isn't important. I haven't checked into it in too much detail, but all of the other features related to video appear to be equal.

The wifi was a consideration I had when I was debating b/w purchasing a used 7100 or the new version 7300 (I think?). It was practically the only technical difference but was a $500 difference. I ended up just buying a wifi SDcard that does the exact same for txfering pictures for $40.

Messages In This Thread