rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I buy a DSLR or camcorder?

Should I buy a DSLR or camcorder?

Quote: (08-22-2014 10:41 PM)Espresso Wrote:  

Roosh, if you want it to autofocus in video mode (you don't need this feature if you are shooting videos like the one's you've been doing so far where you stay in the same place relative to the camera) then you can go for the Nikon D5200 instead. It also has a flip out screen just like the Canon T3i. Cost is similar. $600 for the body, and about $200 for the 50mm 1.8 lens. And it's a better camera than the T3i anyway.

Also, second what samsamsam said regarding buying refurbished body and lens. An easy way to bring the cost down considerably with little downside.

Outrageous! [Image: biggrin.gif]

To be honest, I don't know anything about Nikon. But I will say this, you never hear of movies being shot on Nikon. Canon has cameras that have autofocus but the price rises. I'd go T3i - Roosh is a smart guy he can figure it out.

rudeboy is right that something like a 7D would be nicer for a variety of reasons including weather proofing but they use the same sensor. You can get the same image. It just comes down to cost. The best cost benefit play is a refurbed T3i.

I'll stop blabbing now.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Messages In This Thread