rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Hey guys. Found this place through another forum. I travel extensively for work, and had a hard time finding travel advice for the young single man who has it going on. Glad I found this place. I would like to begin by giving my report on Ethiopia, a country that I recently returned from. I first posted this report on another forum, and will copy and paste it here.

Glad to be here and look forward to sharing ideas about women and travel. Here it is:

Quote:Quote:

I am back from almost 6 weeks of working in Ethiopia, and would like to give everyone a short breakdown of my experiences. First off, I am convinced that Ethiopia has arguably some of the most beautiful women in the world with the exception of South American women. I've always had a proclivity for black women, so my opinion may be skewed a bit. Nonetheless, Ethiopian women's facial bone structure and skin/muscle tone are tops in my book.

We finished two radio stations in Robe and Mekele while we were there and topped out two towers, 600 and 200 feet respectively. Out of the 45 days I was there, I worked all but two days (not counting travel days) so my opportunities to meet women were few and far between. But I made the most of it!

Our first night in the capital of Addis Ababa was spent at a small cafe/bar close to the hotel. I was with two co-workers, one of whom is my best friend (and a natural) and is a great wingman. It was apparent immediately that Ethiopian women were very friendly and easily approachable. As we were sitting outside, I decided to try and see what kind of responses I got from these women. This is the tried and true opener I used:

"Hello."

I know. It's a very complicated opener. But let's not get hung up on the mechanics here. So two women walk by, very hot, and I said "Hello." I could have used “Salaam” instead of Hello, but wtf do I care about speaking Amharic? At any rate, they stopped and said hello and came over to the table. So we chatted for a little bit, and everyone was drinking and having a good time. I escalated the kino very, very quickly, and received positive feedback immediately. These two women spoke fairly good English, but it became quickly apparent that they didn’t really understand my c/f. Didn't matter.

Within 10 minutes, I had the one sitting on my lap so I broke out my camera. Now remember that although Addis has 3.2 million and is the capital, many here are still very intrigued by the technology that we take for granted. Not everyone has a digital camera. So we started taking some pictures and what not.

Long story short, we left them and went back to the hotel to get ready for work the following day. I was going to stick to my plan of not poking any poonani whilst in Ethiopia. But another guy went out and piled up a hooker for 500 Birr ($50). Considering the guy, I wasn't surprised to discover that fact the next morning. Overall, it was a fun night and I realized that a guy could do very well here if he weren't worried about AIDS or any of the other numerous communicable diseases.

The next day, we left for Robe. My first three weeks were spent working in Robe, which was a fairly small town of maybe a few thousand and we stayed the evenings in Goba. We were pretty much isolated. There was a cute girl named Medici that worked in the "restaurant/bar" of "hotel" (quotes used to denote that I use these terms VERY loosely). I flirted with her a lot, though she couldn't speak very good English so most of it was lost on her. But it was more of a way for me just to relax and flirt with a cute girl in the evenings.

We left Robe and went back to Addis Ababa. My good buddy/coworker and I went out to this bar called The Mask and it was this really small dark bar close to the hotel. I thought the bartender was decent, and chatted her up a bit. She only spoke broken English, so the flirting was mainly through body language and kino. Got her number (we had a cell while we were there) and left a little later on.

So she calls the next day on our day off and says she's going to stop by the hotel around midnight. So we're chilling in the hotel room and she shows up with her sister, who is super fugly. Since my buddy has a girlfriend of 8 years, he distracts the sister for me and they take us to this underground-type jazz lounge where they had cabaret dancers and sh1t. Crazy scene. Anyway, we take a table in the corner and I escalated pretty heavily with the kino and began to make out very quickly. Had a few Cokes and went back to my hotel at three in the morning, where the lady at the desk wanted to charge me for an extra room if I wanted to bring Merske up to the room. I didn’t think my employer would like that, so I paid for her taxi and she hit the bricks.

The next day we had to drive to Nazret to pick up some tools that we had to ship to our next job. When we got back to Addis, Merske (from the night before) calls me and we make plans to meet up. I wanted to pick up some baskets and carvings, so we met up and she showed me around. Next thing I know, our company driver while we were over there explains to me that she wants to take me to her house to MEET HER FAMILY! At first I was thinking, “**** that!” but then decided it wouldn’t be that bad. Ethiopians always invite people over to their houses for coffee ceremonies, and their coffee is chronic, so I accepted. Went to her mom’s house, had some chronic coffee made traditionally, chatted up her brother (who spoke flawless English, which was a huge relief), then left with Merske for dinner and touchie-touchie.

Dinner was great (had the Kitfo) and kissed on her some more. I had to catch a flight from Addis to Mekele early the next morning, so I said my goodbye’s to her and went back to the hotel. I could have EASILY banged her, but had already decided before leaving the States that I wasn’t going to risk it, no matter who the woman was.

Some observations:

- C0ckblockers do not exist over there. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. At least once or twice per day, I would have a local guy, or a local worker that worked for us (even some of the Ethiopian engineers!), proposition me to fvck their sister(s) or some girl they knew. And they were BEAUTIFUL. One guy, who was sterile, wanted my buddy to knock up his wife for him. (“Will you give seed to my wife?”)

- Men must be the aggressors. Women will not approach or initiate AT ALL. However, a simple hello on the guy’s part will suffice to initiate an interaction.

- $1 = 10 Birr. When I paid our tab at the end of the night (Merske and I), food and bevs added up to 150 Birr. That was for two dinners, her three Johnny Walker Black’s, and my three Cokes. Considering that our Ethiopian workers over there were making 15 Birr a day, I looked like Donald Trump when I went out (attracting all the gold diggers). If you’re skin is white, they think you’re rich (which, relatively speaking, you are).

- Body language and effective kino strategies transcend ALL LANGUAGES. This chick didn’t speak a lick of English, but it didn’t matter. It was more about HOW I said something rather than WHAT I said. Of course this insight is nothing new. Just a reminder. I had some good laughs a couple of times. When I knew a girl did not speak English, I would ask her “So, would you like me to place my balls in your mouth?” or something like that. Good times.

- I fell in love probably about 10 times per day. The women are GORGEOUS imo.

- Religion is very serious business, with about 80% of the country being Orthodox Christian. These aren’t fair-weather Christians. They are strongly devout, and most women are looking for marriage/children. Blech.

I could go on for days about my trip. It’s one thing to go to a place like Ethiopia and hire a safari driver to show you the sights, only to leave after a week. But it’s an entirely different thing to live and work with these people for an extended period of time. They are very proud people, despite their poverty. Unless you have seen it with your own eyes, smelled the air with your own nose, or touched the people with your own hands, you may never understand. In the smaller towns, you have the smell of death mixed with rotting horses/dogs/people in the streets combined with burning trash. It was some of the craziest sh1t I have EVER experienced in my life. My perspective on life is significantly altered.

However, it looks as if we have to return there in a few months to finish two other jobs. One of them is out in the fvcking bush, no sh1t. It’s going to suck, to be honest. But the upside is that I head to Hawaii for a month this September for work, then Mexico in October, back to Ethiopia in January, and then Lesotho in southern Africa after that.

Fortune favors the bold.

Messages In This Thread