rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dating Guide for Mainland China

Dating Guide for Mainland China

I'm an ABC of full-blooded eastern Chinese descent myself. I don't speak Mandarin fluently but my native language is Shanghainese. Real Shanghai people have a strong level of contempt for people from northern Jiangsu and northern Anhui. Shanghainese people and other eastern Chinese even have a equivalent of the n-word for those people that is still considered to be extremely derogatory and offensive. And real Shanghainese often look down upon other eastern Chinese, which I think is hypocritical since they all share the same ancestors, speak dialects of the same language and share a similar regional culture. Only a tiny minority of 'native' Shanghainese are descended from the original inhabitants. Yes, there is a gender imbalance but a lot of women don't want anything to do with poorer men from the inland provinces. I tend to prefer eastern Chinese women because of cultural and aesthetic reasons, but to a large extent I'm put off by the Chinese culture in general. I've heard of stories where Chinese girls demand their boyfriends do ridiculous things. I'm not exactly sure how well I do in China since it's been a while since I lived there.

Messages In This Thread