rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

There is a good site called hackmytrip.com. They just posted a hack related to my previous post, and this quite frankly would be a golden idea for some players/travellers who live in or frequently travel to Las Vegas. The benefits would extend to travel anywhere Hyatt or MGM has a property.

Since Hyatt is now linking to MLife (MGM) and MGM has some super cheap hotels in Las Vegas (yes, Excalibur) there is a great hack to be had. It would take a little bit of work, but would turn around $500 investment (plus taxes) into something worth perhaps 4,000 to 5,000 USD. I might try to do it myself.

Here's how it works.

Hyatt has something called Diamond Status, and you obtain this status by booking for 25 trips or alternatively, 50 nights at Hyatt Properties. However, with the new partnership between MGM and Hyatt, Hyatt is allowing stays at MGM properties to count for all of the trips or stays necessary to hit Diamond Status. As a result of this, you could conceivably book 25 one night stays at a shit-hole like Excalibur for 20 nights. Keep in mind this has to be 25 stays, so you can't book a single stay for 25 nights. (Also, booking through booking.com usually denies benefits on loyalty programs so always book directly with the hotel chains if you want the loyalty credit.) With a midweek cost of a Excalibur one night stay of say $20, that means you could buy diamond status on Hyatt for around 500, by booking 25 one night stays (plus resort fees if you can't avoid them and taxes as well). Keep in mind the rates for Excalibur vary greatly and the rate is not the typical rate, but is available as an off-peak rate from time to time, often through MGM promotion.

What do you get? Good question...

With Hyatt Diamond, you get the following...

Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points
Enjoy the best room available upon arrival, excluding suites
Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres2. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge3
Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights4
Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay5
Receive a nightly room refresh6
Receive the confirmed bed type at check-in7
Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access8
Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members9
Ensure a room is always available with our 48-hour guarantee10
Extend your stay until 4:00 p.m. with a late check out request11
Book reservations through an exclusive Diamond line
And, enjoy 20% off the daily rate with My Elite Rate on any standard room in 2014 (subject to availability).

Here's the link to the page. Basically, Hackmytrip, a reliable site, conservatively values this at north of $4000. Just a suite upgrade one time can be easily worth the 500 invested to do this, and you'll get four. If you achieve this after July 1, I believe you keep the status for almost 18 months (until a year from the following February) and its easier to generate more points because you get a 30 percent points bonus as well.

Keep in mind as well that the food in the clubs tends to be quite good, and can substitute for meals, not just for breakfast. And Hyatt really does have some of the nicest properties around. I'm wondering now if I could book multiple rooms at the same time, i.e. 25 rooms for one night at shitty Excalibur and lock in in the status. Hyatt has 300 properties worldwide.

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/memb...iamond.jsp

Quote: (07-17-2014 11:07 PM)G_global Wrote:  

If you're a traveller with status with Hyatt, you can now link your Hyatt status to a new or existing MLife account and enjoy status at MGM properties as well. Notably, the MGM properties in Las Vegas include some of the best for game, including Aria (always full of targets), Bellagio, Mandalay, MGM Grand. Also includes Monte Carlo, Excalibur, Vdara, Delano Vegas, and others.

Definitely one perk I can see using with my gold status (matched to my pre-existing Hyatt Platinum status) is using the VIP line to skip the line for the pool clubs and nightclubs, plus one. I'm actually not even sure which clubs are covered other than Hyde in the Bellagio, but there must be some that are worthwhile (as well as the day clubs, though I don't go too often to them). Maybe a Vegas nightclub expert can weigh in and speak to which good spots would be covered - it seems to cover any on an MLife property.

Anyway, here are the tier benefits -

The power of your perks
Sapphire - up to 24,999 Tier Credits
Discounts on Rooms, Shows and Participating Retail Shops
Presale Tickets to Events, Concerts and Fights
Access to Exclusive / Personalized Offers on mlife.com

Pearl 25,000 Tier Credits
Enjoy all the perks of Sapphire membership, along with:
Tier Multiplier – 10% bonus on Points and Express Comps™
10% Discount at Participating Retail Shops
Buffet Line Pass (Las Vegas Resorts)

Gold 75,000 Tier Credits
Experience everything Pearl Members do, plus:
Tier Multiplier - 20% bonus on points and Express Comps™
Priority Hotel Check-in Line
VIP Line Access to Nightclubs and Pool Day Clubs for You and a Guest

Platinum 200,000 Tier Credits
All the benefits of Gold membership, enhanced with all this and more:
Tier Multiplier - 30% bonus on points and Express Comps™
Priority Valet and Taxi Service
15% Discount or more at Participating Retail Shops

NOIR - By invitation only
As part of our ultra-elite, NOIR Members get the best of everything. Period.
Tier Multiplier - 40% bonus on points and Express Comps™
Complimentary Limousine Service To / From Airport
Guaranteed Room, Show, and Restaurant Reservations

And here's the link.

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/par...vegasyours

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Messages In This Thread