rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

Quote: (09-06-2018 08:05 PM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

Quote: (09-06-2018 06:29 PM)PrettyBoyAJ Wrote:  

What Credit Cards do you guys recommend for Travel/Perk Hacking.

Heres the 3 Credit Cards I have already completed offers with.

1. Chase Sapphire
2. Capital One Venture
3. Chase Marriott Premier Plus Reward

I'm looking to apply for a fourth one since I've already did the minimum spend and gotten the perks for both cards.

That is a timely question, because I have a $6,000 purchase coming up that I can charge to a credit card. I already have the following travel cards:

1. Chase Sapphire
2. Capital One Venture
3. Mileage Plus Explorer
4. Barclaycard Arrival+

The problem is that I hate hotels and, as a result, I always stay at an AirBNB. I suppose that it might be worth having a hotel card for long trips where I wish to stay overnight (for free) at a hotel near the airport on the first leg. I may take a look at the SPG luxury card. I see that beginning February 1, most of the SPG all-suite properties will require 85,000 points, instead of just 60,000 points.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/starwood-...rd-review/

Whatever you do, stay away from the Citi/American Airlines credit cards. Their service was so bad that I actually cancelled their card before I had gotten my free bonus points. They warned me that cancelling the card may prohibit me from obtaining a card in the future. I replied: "Why on Earth would I ever want to do business with a company like you again?" Possibly the worst customer service that I ever encountered.

As I mentioned above, I must make a large purchase and I may as well pick up a decent credit card other than the ones that I already have (which I mentioned above). I am looking at the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, which offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from the account opening. The points are worth about $1,000.

It also offers no foreign transaction fees, a $95 annual fee, and -- like the Sapphire Preferred Card -- the points are worth 25% more if you redeem them for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. Apparently, if you pool your points with your Sapphire Reserve card points, the total bonus increases to 50%. It is only available to small business owners, but fortunately I qualify.

I need to make the purchase (about $9,000) within the next week or two. Anyone currently see a better credit card offer at that spending level? I am not really interested in hotel points unless the value is spectacular (I much prefer AirBNB when traveling).

https://www.businessinsider.com/top-cred...ber-2018-9

Messages In This Thread