rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

Quote: (01-03-2015 04:54 PM)MrMagoo Wrote:  

Quote: (07-10-2014 10:55 PM)Cobra Wrote:  

Well 60+ hours at a Big 4 office is different from 60+ at a desk in Corporate. In the Big 4, you're spending those 60 hours talking to experienced people and learning how to socially interact in addition to learning about their big ass business. You're also surrounded by hot girls in the office on Saturday mornings (since you have to come in for the most part) that haven't been banged since they were also working 60+ hours. You work hard and play hard at the Big 4 but at Corporate you may work hard but end up playing with your Manager's kids on the weekends.
Thank you.
I have to say, I think you've sold me on going to the Big 4. I hate working long hours, so I thought I would rather have a good work/life balance. But I had never considered this perspective.
I wanted to do Audit too, eventually hoping to move on to financial consulting. Exactly for the social reasons you mentioned.
Yet somehow, I just always thought dread when I considered 60 hour weeks.
I wasn't thinking about how 60 hours of learning and talking to people can move a lot faster than 40 hours pushing papers.

I loved my retail job(Gap), even when I was working 50 hours around the holidays and my legs were sore. Hated a part time data entry job where I was staring at a monitor for just 6 hours, 4 days a week.

It sounds more fun, and I'll be earning more have better career options [Image: banana.gif]

It will feel like a grind, but eventually you will settle in. Going public accounting is the best way to start your career.

Messages In This Thread