rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

Quote: (07-13-2014 12:05 AM)Cobra Wrote:  

^^^ Would be great. My tax knowledge listed above is fairly vague and could use some meat.

I joined as an intern in their risk (Internal Audit Outsourcing) practice but got a staff offer lined up in the Audit practice for when I graduated. I've been sorrounded by a lot of tax professionals and know their motivations and frustrations but never worked in that practice.

Any reason why you didn't want to do audit?

I did not do well in audit in college. Ironically, it was my lowest CPA score as well.

While I don't fully understand what auditors do, the small amount of work I was exposed to did not seem exciting or have meaning to me. I was also turned off by the travel.

That isn't to say we don't have our bad days too - work can be mundane after multiple years. I'm sort of hitting that point right now.

I will say though - girls and people on the audit side are: 1. on average better looking and 2. more social. At my last job, I fucked up by not making friends with more audit side people.

I think the outs in audit are much better than the outs for tax.

Messages In This Thread