rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

I felt compelled to respond, lest anything negative happens if I didn't.

Quote: (04-04-2017 07:58 PM)Pollito Wrote:  

Question -

Does anyone who's already spent some time in accounting have experience with teaching night/weekend accounting classes as a part time instructor/lecturer/adjunct faculty? If so, what should I expect in getting into it, and what are your thoughts on the value in doing so?

I'm very interested in doing it. Seems it can only serve as a resume builder and opportunity to hone public speaking skills. Plus, potential networking potential if it's at a decent school.

I searched the forum and didn't come up with anything directly related; figured I'd start in this thread since it's probably of pretty narrow interest (and since this thread has turned into the de facto accounting subforum).

I don't know how to get into being an adjunct professor for Accounting. However, I will talk about the benefits of it; but, before that, take a step back. What are your goals and where do you want to apply your values? Is it to your career or is it towards bangs? If it is the latter, it provides no value to the former by default. If it is for the former, there is very little value UNLESS you leverage it to meet hiring managers, either at hiring events on campus or Accounting fraternity/club events also on campus. If you don't get involved in those groups, even as a teacher, then you get no value. I mean, think about your audience. Who's coming to see you? That's right, a bunch of green ass students. You'll spend more time helping them than helping yourself. That's okay if you have a big heart but cardinal rule: HELP YOURSELF FIRST, then when you have the resources, help others. Just like when an airplane goes down. Same shit.

Quote: (04-05-2017 05:37 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

I have no experience in the matter but if I had the chance to teach at university or even teach a hobby ( dance, tennis etc) I would do it.

You mentioned all the benefits to it and I read that teachers have massive status when in comes to females in your classes, as you are seen as an authority figure.

Downsides:
- tread carefully when it comes to girls
- university politics and SJWness ?

Same advice as above, but to add: Do not fuck with students if you are a teacher! It will not only ruin your reputation if it ends badly but also potentially paint you as a devil incarnate within the hiring community that attends the school. Believe me, recruiters from companies that frequent the schools also know which students are fucking up, whether socially or academically. Why? Because, women will rat you out. Once they rat you out, you will turn into a circus monkey that they come to see, not a valuable man that can make their organization successful. If you want to bang chicks at school, fine but don't do it with the ones in class. Too risky.

The above is common sense, but yes, you can also add university politics, rap hysteria, and SJW's hunting for your balls and life in order to castrate both and send you packing in order to probably count real beans at the local supermarket instead of Accounting.

Messages In This Thread