rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

@Sonoran, set your expectations carefully and realize which of the paths I laid out fit for you.

I have quite a few people on the forum and otherwise from less recognized universities and colleges asking me if they can somehow get into the Big 4 or large companies. Remember that unless these companies actively recruit from your school through the local student business fraternities, it's damn near impossible.

This does not mean you won't have a great career in Accounting. You can still work for a great midsize company and do really well. Some well recognized brands are midsize. My point is that it's tough to switch paths from small company path or midsize company path to large companies unless you network really really well.

Instead of going to "classes," here is my suggestion: Attend any meetings or local events that your student finance or accounting clubs sponsor. Talk to these people directly, and keep in touch with them by asking them relevant questions. Maybe build a rapport and take them out to lunch or drinks if you want to do next level shit. [Image: wink.gif]

This will go a longer way in allowing you to see the local vibe of "working" in the profession than classes will give you. Truth be told, most professors in Finance or Accounting know jack shit about what makes a professional successful or how enjoyable the profession can be. If they did, most of them wouldn't be teaching. I'm just being honest.

Messages In This Thread