rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

Quote: (03-31-2017 12:43 AM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

So I graduated as a Biology major and economics minor 1.5 years ago. To keep it short, my university ( University of Alberta ) offers a 2 year after degree program for a business degree, where I can major in things like accounting or finance. (It also offers a 2 year nursing after degree. )

Should I go for accounting? Should I go for finance? Would the accounting pathway that Cobra described be basically the same for someone who is not starting fresh? How could I use my current degree to leverage my way into internships and future jobs?

Thanks

What have you been doing for the past 1.5 years? What appeals to you about accounting, vs finance or nursing?

Another Canadian cat, Dickerstaff1, was/is in a similar boat:
Going back to school to get a CPA thread

Reason I ask what specifically interests you about accounting is that a lot of people fall back asswards into the field after switching majors or working in an entirely different profession for a while; and while accounting offers a lot of versatility and opportunities to pivot toward something tangentially related and more lucrative throughout your career, I'd say roughly half of the people who end up in accounting without a good reason end up disillusioned and burned out after a few years. So, I'm curious to know your take on it.

Messages In This Thread