rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

Quote: (05-11-2016 01:12 PM)Mjölnir Wrote:  

Bump, great thread.

I would like to ask fellow accountants how is the market for foreigners. ...
And if there is an opening in the market, what would be needed for me to have a chance against the competition.. What colleges should I go (after I graduate here, since as far as I know i would have to study at least one more year) to have more rep' when looking for a job ?

Hi,

for accounting it's necessary to have certain knowledge in the respective local GAP.
So it's best to study in the respective country at least for a term abroad, maybe make a Master's there.
Italy is jobwise very difficult (and you haven't mentioned the knowledge of the language).
Honestly in your case I would try to check out Germany, because with a EU Passport you are allowed to unlimited residency etc. here.
I live here and know that there is a very solid demand for people doing this (mostly Big4). At least semi-useful German is necessary though, I'd estimate a year for this. Also here in Munich are a lot of Brazilians doing exactly this.

Regarding the US, for Brazilians (and europeans, as far as I'm concerned) it's very difficult to obtain a work permit there (it would be a H1B visa)- only if you studied there, then you can obtain one easily. Studying there costs a lot, while it doesn't cost anything in Germany. Having to pay back a student loan isn't really sexy, in my opinion.
I would advise you to do this.
Make term abroad in Germany
If you like it, get your Master's in Germany
Then you will find a job who pays around 40 - 45k € per year in this field.
Bonus would be to create a brazilian - german competence, maybe becoming expert in im/export , or something like this, which could be a side business idea (I know someone doing this)

This comes from a German who isn't a fan of Germany at all, but I understand that Germany still is way better for average people than Brazil.

Messages In This Thread